Holiday Jet Setter Ltd takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and share personal information in the course of our business activities.
This website is operated by Holiday Jet Setter Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under Company Registration Number 10554548, and this Privacy Notice covers Holiday Jet Setter Ltd, [its websites, mobile applications and mobile websites] except where you are notified of another privacy notice.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and this explains what personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is collected about you and what we do with that information.
Providing your personal information
You do not have to provide your personal information to us, but if you do not provide certain information we will only be able to provide limited products and services to you. For example, where you refuse to provide mandatory travel information, we will not be able to arrange travel for you.
How we collect and use your personal details
In order to process a request or personalize recommendations, services or promotions for you, we need to collect certain personal details from you. We may do this by phone, email or via our Website Enquiry Contact Form
Personal details may include, where applicable, names and contact details and if we make a travel related booking for you we will need additional necessary information for example, date of birth, passport number which is often required by the airline or the Tour Operator. Once this personal information has been processed, we delete or destroy it, if it is no longer necessary to keep on file. We do not hold or keep any credit/debit card details.
By registering or signing up to receive our email offers on our website or in person at an event or otherwise submitting your Personal Information via the Website Enquiry Contact form, you are consenting to the processing of your Personal Information. We store your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, to send you a brochure or details of a promotion (including by email).
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information and we do not pass your data on to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will provide details of any personal information held about you upon request.
How we use this personal information
We use your personal information to:
- fulfil our agreement with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking, or contacting you if there is a problem with your booking
- manage your wider travel and products or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to tour operators, airlines, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements), this includes when you book a holiday package, hotel, car or other ancillary service which may be provided by us or third parties
- process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes
- market our products and services to you
- as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time
Special categories of personal information we collect and use
We also collect special categories of personal information. The types of special categories of personal information we collect when you make a booking. We use special categories of personal information to:
- [determine your fitness to travel (for example, if you have a pre-existing medical condition which may make it unsafe to travel)
- provide you with special assistance (for example, where you tell us that you need an oxygen tank or a wheelchair) on our flights, at destinations or activities or at airports
- fulfil special dietary requirements you tell us about
- address a security or medical incident
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time]
We do not generally collect special categories of personal information from you (or those you are booking for), but where we do, we seek to minimise the collection and use of it and handle it with extra care. We also share this information with third parties (who help manage our business and deliver services [such as those parties who provide wheelchairs at airports]), and we transfer it globally.
Where you (or any passenger travelling) provides us with special categories of personal information you agree that you have voluntarily provided such information, and you consent (and the passenger travelling consents) for us to use that information for the purposes for which it was collected.
Making a booking on behalf of another person
If you are making a booking on behalf of another person(s), it is your responsibility to obtain their consent to make the booking and share their details with us (as anticipated by this Privacy Notice), which we will assume that you have done prior to making the booking. It is also your responsibility to represent that person during the booking process, which means that you will need to provide us with the information required to make a booking, such as the full name and passport details of the person concerned, and explain to that person how we will use their personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice
What are the lawful basis for collecting Personal Data?
it is necessary for a contract you have with us or because you have asked us to take certain steps before entering into a contract e.g. a holiday booking
Sharing your personal information with others
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with third parties who deliver products and services to us.
- bank and payment providers to authorise and complete payments;
- with governments, government organisations and agencies, border control agencies, regulators, law enforcement and others as permitted or required by law, in relation to legal requirements as apply from time to time when travelling to or from a particular country, and to generally comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- with third parties whose products or services you are purchasing via us or otherwise such as airlines, tourism agencies, hotel, transfer and car hire companies, tour and excursion providers or to tour operators, including if there is a problem with your booking so that we or the tour operator can resolve it with you;
Third Party Websites
You might find external links to third party websites on our website. Our Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of a third party site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites that are not operated by us and encourage you to read the privacy statements of any such third party site.
Transferring personal information globally
Your personal information may be transferred outside your country of residence. Some other countries are subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law, and we only transfer personal information to another country where:
- we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect your information; and
- the transfers are fully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions.
You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
Storage of your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. For example, to manage bookings and provide you with any relevant products or services, as explained in this Privacy Notice. We will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for example, where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
If you require further information about how we retain particular information please Contact Us.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
If you are subject to laws that provide you with such rights, depending on certain exceptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
- To access personal information
- To rectify / erase (‘right to be forgotten’) personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To object to the processing (including direct marketing) of personal information
- To transfer your personal information
- To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
If you wish to access any of the rights set out above, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for example, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by emailing us at email@example.com or by phoning us. ].
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.